Friday, May 15, 2009

My brother is made of win and topped with awesomesauce.

It turns out that my brother has a tiller. He tried to tell me as much here on the blog, but it's not accepting his comments. (Here's hoping it will now!) It's electrical in nature, which is a bit odd, but it's small enough to fit in the car, which is extremely helpful.

So we'll be expanding our gardening at my friend's house quite a bit this weekend. We've been operating purely with hand tools, and I don't know if you've actually every tried to garden with only hand tools, but you don't get very far. It's actually pretty disheartening. We did manage to get in two rows of peas, some broccoli, and some spinach, but I think that was mostly because we were able to get in so early that the weeds weren't very big yet. By the time we got to clearing the other half of the garden patch, it was nearly impossible.

Next weekend is when my brother will be doing his gardening, so we'll be squeezing in what we can this weekend and that may be it. Wish us luck!

1 comment: