Saturday, April 11, 2009

Basil sprouts!!!

Some of them looked fuzzy and I couldn't see why - but eventually I realized that they'd been dropped on the surface of the soil instead of covered over. I gently covered the fuzzy bits with dirt, and hopefully they'll still grow all right. These are the hazards of having your kindergartener help you out - but it's a small price to pay, really.

Still no sign of parsley or nasturtiums (the package on the latter said they'd take 12-14 days to show, if I remember correctly).

The chamomile leans toward the sun so rapidly that I have to rotate them several times daily. Hopefully they'll do it less as they get bigger, but regardless, they won't be leaning any particular way once they're actually planted outside, I'd imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment