Friday, April 24, 2009

Nasturtiums are in the ground!

Here's hoping they live.

Can't post much today; too busy getting ready for the weekend. But to go with my tandoori last night, I made some sort of spinach-and-potato deal called Saag Aloo. It was fantastic! Although I did have to make some changes to the recipe to reflect what I actually have in my spice cabinet (i.e., ground cardamom rather than pods), and of course the onion was taken out and replaced with the ubiquitous ramp. I'll post the recipe as I made it in another entry. But it tasted more or less like something you would actually get in an Indian restaurant, so yay for me!

The chicken itself, of course, turned out good but not particularly flavorful, no doubt because of the mistakes I made in following the recipe. Whoops! Both the tandoori and the saag aloo needed salt, by the way, and a good amount of it.

I also tried making naan bread, but that was such a complete not-remotely-following-the-recipe disaster that I won't even link to the recipe here. I couldn't possibly say whether the it's any good or not, since I made my naan freestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment