Monday, April 27, 2009

Local Italian Sausage

At the Bowman Orchards table, they carry a few coolers of meat from the Locust Grove Smokehouse. Italian sausage was $3.00 a pound, and even the chickens you can get at the market right now are $3.75 a pound, so I bought a package of six links (at about 1.2 pounds, the two links I cooked tonight were nearly half a pound).

Today was pretty darned hot, and I really didn't want to heat up the kitchen more than necessary. So I thawed a couple links, squished them out of their casings, and cooked them in spaghetti sauce. I also ripped up several handfuls of garlic mustard into it, just to use them up and add nutrition. I have to tell you, I didn't even notice a change of flavor as I ate the sauce. I was afraid it would be weird, but it was yums.

Tomorrow is supposed to be hot too, so I think I'll try microwaving some potatoes tonight for a potato salad tomorrow.

Not local today: jarred spaghetti sauce, spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment