Thursday, April 30, 2009

Moroccan Mint Tea

Last summer I made a trip to Northampton, Mass and had a fantastic dinner at a place call Amanouz Café. Along with being very inexpensive and serving me just about the best salmon ever, they introduced me to something they called "Moroccan Mint Tea."

I don't like many herbal teas, but mint is one I can tolerate, and it turns out the in fact, this was black tea with a sprig or two of fresh mint in it, pre-sweetened with honey.

Indian is obviously not the same as Moroccan cuisine, but I wanted something a little different to go with my second take of tandoori last night, and the mint is up in the garden, so I gave it a whirl. It was good iced tea weather, so I made it cold instead of hot. I even had local honey, so just the black tea came from far away.



Moroccan Mint Tea, Iced

1-1½ cups boiling water
5 tea bags black tea
3-4 Tablespoons fresh mint, torn up
2 Tablespoons honey

Steep the tea bags and mint in the water for at least 5 minutes; strain over ice into a two-quart pitcher. Stir in honey and enough cold water to fill. Enjoy!



This was really simple, but just added a little something special to the meal.

Sorry for the lull this week; my semester's winding up at school and I'm just trying to get everything in by the deadline - tomorrow. After that, more cooking and blogging galore, as I'll be on break for a couple of weeks before plunging into the summer semester. See you on the other side!

Not local today: black tea

No comments:

Post a Comment